Saturday, April 5, 2014

Greek Yogurt Biscuits

I found this recipe in our newspaper’s food insert. I kind of love them. The good news is that they only have three ingredients. The bad news is that I usually don’t have 2 out of the three on hand.

1 1/2 cups self rising flour

1 tsp salt

1 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt

Whisk together the flour and salt. Make a well and add the yogurt. Stir till just moist. Roll out dough on a floured board and roll to 1/2 inch. Fold over and roll back to 1/2 inch. Cut out biscuits. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

I failed biscuit-making, so I can’t ever get them to split right; I think I over mix them. So mine end up kind of flat. So I eat mine without opening them up. But they taste so good! If you let them get cold, they’re not as appetizing. BUT you can toast them with a square of sharp cheddar on top and it’s AMAZING!

IMG_6196IMG_6198IMG_6200IMG_6205

No comments: